Education in Canada

Work Options

Foreign Students studying in Canada can work for 20 hrs per week and 40 hrs per week during holiday. The hourly pay for on campus job varies from $10 to $15 per hour. Dependants (spouse / partner) of student can work full time. Some Canadian universities and colleges provide Co-op program in which a student can work as part of the course in a related field and also earn credit for it.

Students are eligible for a full time work permit for a period of 2-3 years if the study program is for a minimum period of 2 years. Otherwise the work permit is for a period same as the duration of the course. International students who have graduated from a course in Canada would gain points under the Skilled Migrant Category and are eligible for applying for PR.

Ask the Expert
Click Here..