1. A Rajasthani scientist, inspired by an American missionary teacher was the first to identify with..
A) Restriction Enzyme
B) Usage of Embryological characters in taxonomy.
C) Work on C4 pathway
D) Test-tube fertilisation.
E) Propose nutritional medium for tissue culture
F) Intra-ovarian pollination.
A: B D F
2. Cell division is unequal in the following.
1) Budding in Yeast
2) First division of microspore in angiosperms.
3) Second division of pollen grain.
4) Budding in Yeast & First division of microspore in angiosperms.
A: 4 (Budding in Yeast. & First division of microspore in angiosperms.)
3. The following feature is responsible for meaningful DNA packaging inside the nucleus.
1) +Ve charge of Histones, +Ve charge of DNA
2) +Ve charge of Histones, −Ve charge of DNA
3) −Ve charge of Histones, +Ve charge of DNA
4) −Ve charge of Histones, −Ve charge of DNA
A: 2 (+Ve charge of Histones, −Ve charge of DNA)
4. Read the following statements and find out incorrect one.
1) Both fusing gametes may be motile in a few fungi and algae.
2) Gametes are haploid though the parent plant body from which they arise may be either haploid or diploid.
3) In plants, hormones are responsible for sexual reproduction.
4) Asexual reproduction is the common method of reproduction in all angiosperms.
A: 4 (Asexual reproduction is the common method of reproduction in all angiosperms.)
5. Types of cells in the embryosac basing on function.
6. Assertion (A): One of the problems of hybrids is that hybrid seeds have to be produced every year.
Reason (R): If these hybrids are made into apomicts, there is no segregation of characters in the hybrid progeny.
A: A and R correct. R does not explain A.
7. Match the following.
Correct matching is
I II III IV
A: B D A C
8. Match the following.
The correct matching is
I II III IV
A: D A C B
9. Identify the wrong pair of statements.
I) Capsicum has number of locules equal to the number of carpels in Trigonella.
II) Number of natural orders in Gymnospermae of Bentham and Hooker's classification is not equal to the pairs of stamens in Allium.
III) Types of vascular tissues seen in the vascular bundles of Solanaceae is equal to the number of petals of similar size present at the anterior end of Tephrosia flower.
IV) Number of groups of plants in the sexual system of classification proposed by Linnaeus is equal to the floral appendages of Brassicaceae.
A: I, III
10. The position of Fabaceae in Bentham and Hooker's classification is as
A: Sub family Papilionoideae
11. Find out mis-match.
1) Aristotle - Historia plantarum
2) Linnaeus - Species plantarum
3) Hutchinson - Families of flowering plants
4) Bentham & Hooker - Genera plantarum
A: 1 (Aristotle - Historia plantarum)
12. Essential organs in Solanum species basing on maturity are similar to the maturity of sex organs in
A: Medow saffron
13. Glycoproteins and Lipoproteins are synthesised by the following respectively.
1) SER, RER 2) Peroxisomes, ER 3) Golgi apparatus, ER 4) ER, Peroxisomes
A: 3 (Golgi apparatus, ER)
14. Number of the following organelles in a cell depend on the physiological activity of the cell
1) Nucleus 2) Mitochondria 3) Flagella 4) Chromosomes
A: 2 (Mitochondria)
15. Cell shape is maintained by
16. The following ensures continuity of species between sexually reproducing organisms of one generation and the next.
1) Fragments 2) Gametes 3) Spores 4) Zygote
A: 4 (Zygote)
17. Read the following table. Find out correct pair of combinations.
A: II, III